To give that extra jazz to the taste buds people used bitter, juicy, tangy, highly acidic, aromatic and yellow lemons are in dishes. Despite this, lemons are usually relegated to supporting role in the kitchen. Many people fail to understand the alternative uses of lemon, which range from cleaning and freshening homes to improving your health. These 10 unusual uses for lemon or lemon juice will make you adore lemon while making your home smell and look fresh, your laundry bright and your nails, hair and skin better! So next time when life gives you lemons use them innovatively!
Keep on reading to discover the magic of lemons for yourself. If you are going to juice your lemon, then roll one under your palm on the countertop to soften it up which make juicing it easier.
- Freshen up your Refrigerator: Pour lemon juice on a sponge or cotton ball and leave it in the refrigerator for few hours. Make sure to toss out any bad items. Dab a cotton ball or sponge with some lemon juice and leave it in the refrigerator for the night. You will wake up to an odorless and fresh fridge.
- Dandruff Treatment: Mix a spoon of lemon juice with four spoons of yogurt and apply it on your hair. Leave the mix on for 10 minutes and then rinse it off and shampoo as usual
- Hangover Fix: Try a little lemon juice with warm water or tea, or if you are too lazy, just suck on a lemon for a bit. This helps you re-hydrate and replace the vitamin C lost earlier.
- Lower Blood Pressure: Lemon contains potassium which regulates high blood pressure and helps control it.
- Car Sickness Treatment: Next time when you are feeling car sick, suck on a little lemon, or drink a sip or two of lemon juice. This helps reduce nausea and dizziness. You can add a touch of salt for a better taste.
- Deodorize for your Garbage: Take some lemon peels for a toss in the bin under the trash bag. This will remove garbage odor for your bin. Repeat every couple of weeks.
- Turn Soggy Lettuce Crisp: In a bowl of cold water, sprinkle the juice of half a lemon and put in the soggy lettuce. Refrigerate for one hour and see your cabbage all fresh and crisp.
- Throat Medicine: To sooth your sore throat, you can gargle with a teaspoon of lemon juice in 1/8 cup of Luke warm water, or mix a tablespoon of honey with a few drops of lemon juice or simply have some lemon tea.
- Bleach Delicate Fabrics: Swap household chlorine bleach with some lemon juice for a milder but no less effective bleach. Soak your fabrics in a mixture of baking soda & lemon juice for half an hour and then wash them.
- Glass Cleaner: Lemon makes hard water stains, debris & other marks on your glass vanish. Use the juice of lemon with a sponge for tough jobs. Alternatively, dilute a few tablespoons in a cup of water and spray it on.
As you might have noticed, lemon is not just an edible food, but also a cleaner, a deodorant, a medicine, a cure and what not. Next time you face any problem, try fixing it with a lemon. And if that doesn’t work, well you can still have some lemonade to freshen and brighten up your mood.